Saturday, September 24, 2011

This is my favorite time of the year

The weather is cooler the first signs of Winter are in the air and it's time to get out the baking pans! I made a double batch of sugar cookies to send to my grandsons in Ms. I make the dough, freeze it solid and send it UPS. When they get it it will still be nice and cold. They roll them in sugar and bake them off. If I baked them first they would be cookie crumbs in a box because they are so delicate. Then I made banana bread and apple bread. I love the fact that all the wonderful apples are in season so out with the apple recipes. This is the time to start thinking about Halloween candy and then Thanksgiving Day. I think I love this time of the year it's when the families get together after a busy Summer. Then of coarse there is Christmas another very busy and happy time for most.We should still get our Indian Summer and watch the trees change into Mother Natures wonderful colors.